Square drive bits for a brace
Question 
I have managed to collect several screwdriver bits that were designed to fit into the chuck of a brace. I have both flat bits and phillips bits in different sizes but so far I haven't been able to find any square drive (or Robertson) bits. Anyone know if they exist and where I might be able to get some?
I'm not sure if they exist, I've never seen them.
"When I nod my head, hit it." - M. Howard.

"I think you should learn how to use hand tools before you even touch a power tool." - Sam Maloof
Just buy the adapter from LV and use the 1" insert bits of your choice. When the bits get buggered up just put in a new bit. I use that for all but the largest screws I'm working with. The really large screws a most often slot head so there I use a standard brace bit.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
Older manufactured Robertson brace bits do exist.  They are hard to find, even in Canada.

http://www.leevalley.com/US/Wood/page.as...42337&ap=1

The catalog can be hard to navigate...here's the link above for easy access.

I like the idea of interchangeable bits. That way I don't have to worry about wearing out the tool.
Thanks everyone for the leads. I think I'll go with the 1/4"hex brace driver. I'll get one for myself and one for an old friend in Ontario who said he misses not being able to use his brace to drive Robertson screws.
I have a dedicated brace that has a hex adapter from Lee Valley perpetually chucked in it. I just change out the bits as necessary. It's one of my favorite cordless screwdrivers.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
It would be handy to have the Lee Valley adapter.  But I have found that several of my braces can grip a standard longer type hex bit in the chuck just fine.
(09-20-2016, 11:23 AM)Alan S Wrote: It would be handy to have the Lee Valley adapter.  But I have found that several of my braces can grip a standard longer type hex bit in the chuck just fine.

Yep!
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Double the hex bit right in the brace, done that a bunch too. However there are two braces always chucked up with a socket adapter and Lee valley hex bit adapter. Although I use them way less often now that I discovered the impact driver's magic. Nothing quite like a brace for some tasks.