Glad to be Alive
Glad that you are OK now and still with us! Take care Allan.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
PHEW! Heal quickly!
Wow, quick thinking and circumstance worked out for you, so glad to hear that.  My brother had the same type of incident and stent result, except he was in midtown Manhattan when the symptoms first appeared and took a train home then went to the hospital an hour later, he was very lucky.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Glad you beat The Reaper, Allan. I like having you around.
It is always a glorious day when you wake up above the dirt. Congratulations on your clear thinking that led to a quick save. I hope your rehab routine includes some delicious shop time.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Allen,

Glad to hear that you got through that safely.  And, thanks for the post.  A good reminder that we shouldn't hesitate to getting emergency medical help when things don't seem right.  

Steve
Take care, Allan, you are an important part of this community.

Kevin
(09-17-2016, 10:27 PM)hbmcc Wrote: Also, not advisable to drive yourself to ER or hospital.

Ditto.  I can't tell you how many times I was lectured in the hospital that I should have called 9-1-1.  My original thought was I could get there faster, and time was of the essence.  They reminded me that the EMTs can administer meds on the spot.  They call ahead to the ER and therefore the ER is ready for you when you arrive.  I was very fortunate I didn't pass out along the way.  I was awake and conscious for the entire procedure.  The cardiac cath unit really had their act together.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Allan,
Good to hear you are ok and good luck with the recovery.

You should have run to the hospital like Aurthur Ashe did when he had a heart attack.
Allen

Glad to hear you will be OK

Having had a heat attack earlier this year, I know how you feel

I wish I could have just used a stent, but I had to have a quad bypass