Garage Door Opener
I am replacing the wires from my opener to the electronic eyes that prevent the door from closing if there is an obstruction.

This is a very old opener so it may die in the future, I'd like to run the wire once.

This particular Allister Access has a pair of wires that connect both eyes together, and then another pair that goes from the eye to the control head on the ceiling.

Will this wiring diagram work with most of the other models that may be installed, or should I run a pair from both eyes back to the head to be safe.
I have a new Chamberlain LiftMaster I installed last year. It has two wires that make "home runs" back to the head unit. I would go this route and tie-off at head end for your current one. This approach will be compatible with all options out there - daisy-changed or direct connect.
Richard D. Wile
Nova Scotia - Canada.

http://richard-wile.blogspot.com/