A few interesting finds
I've been trying to cut back on the stuff that I buy, but sometimes I just can't resist. I was able to find a few things that I found interesting and thought I'd share pics. Not everything is all that odd, but there are a couple.
[Image: IMG_4982.jpg]
This first batch are a really nice Starrett caliper and Mitutoyo inside and outside mics. No great whoop, but they are in great shape.
[Image: IMG_4981.jpg]
Next are a mundane 131 push driver and (what I' hadn't seen before) a box of Stanley #207A plane stops. They're NOS.
[Image: IMG_4983.jpg]
Here are a Stanley #11 belting plane, a Stanley dado plane in 3/8", and a Keen Kutter router plane. All should clean up nicely
[Image: IMG_4984.jpg]
Last is the ubiquitous Stanley 118. We've all seen 'em and most of us have one (or 6). What struck me as odd about this one is the adjustable mouth. What really struck me is that the sole doesn't move. There's a plate beneath the front knob that slides back and forth. Anyone know anything about this particular model?
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
(09-21-2016, 01:41 PM)DaveParkis Wrote: [Image: IMG_4984.jpg]
Last is the ubiquitous Stanley 118. We've all seen 'em and most of us have one (or 6). What struck me as odd about this one is the adjustable mouth. What really struck me is that the sole doesn't move. There's a plate beneath the front knob that slides back and forth. Anyone know anything about this particular model?

That looks like an S18 steel block plane. That throat mechanism is unique to this plane. It's an uncommon plane, and a nice find. Congrats, Dave!
Smile
www.hyperkitten.com Funny Name, Good Stuff.

Old Tools, Woodworking, Blog, Tools for Sale.

Nice find Dave! I really like that S18, never saw one in the wild myself. I never found a #11 either.
Dave, are the two collars on the KK router normal ?
@Josh- Thanks very much.

@ Kevin- I seriously doubt it, but I'm not sure.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
[quote pid='7354414' dateline='1474497736']
Dave, are the two collars on the KK router normal ?
[/quote]

Believe it or not, that's original. It's how these planes held the foot/depth stop. You just never see them with the planes because they are infrequently used and easily lost. It's a very useful part to have though.

inline image isn't working.. here's a catalog page showing both collars: http://i.imgur.com/KXvOe4M.jpg

[Image: KXvOe4M.jpg]
www.hyperkitten.com Funny Name, Good Stuff.

Old Tools, Woodworking, Blog, Tools for Sale.

Your right, I have never seen that before. Thanks.