Anvil for jewelry making
I spent some of my limited shop time this week looking for tools to help my daughter in her new jewelry making hobby. On one trip to the boneyard, I spied this anvil and thought it might be handy. But it did look a bit shabby.

[Image: DSCN0647.jpg]

And it was time for a rehab. I found a nice scrap of walnut for the base. It was rough 6/4 stock and needed some plane work. The natural edge was pretty and I wanted to retain it if possible. Does your bench do this?

[Image: DSCN0640.jpg]

I began by working over the straight side with the LN62. Then I used the scrub on the faces to flatten the board. Lastly I finished the top side with the LN62 but left some saw marks for character.

Of course, the inexpensive little Japanese anvil needed finish grinding and buffing. Then it got a bedazzling with some metallic Rustoleum. Here is the finished product.

[Image: DSCN0653.jpg]

Hope she enjoys her little prize.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Looks nice Jim!  Every shop should have one of those.

Lonne
I see that little cutie has a hardie hole...do you have any accessories for it?
(09-23-2016, 12:24 PM)tim_leo Wrote: I see that little cutie has a hardie hole...do you have any accessories for it?

Agggg...scope creep! Now my brain is in overdrive.
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Relax Jim it's not a hardy hole, they are square. It is in fact a pritchel hole used for punching holes in hot steel. Or pinching out pins or whatever.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
??????
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

My bad, I guess I need to look closer when looking at the cracked screen of my phone. It is square, never mind. I do know my shapes.
Jim
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
If you're lucky, a railroad spike will fit in that hole nicely. They make good doming pins and so forth.
Blackhat

(09-23-2016, 06:08 PM)blackhat Wrote: If you're lucky, a railroad spike will fit in that hole nicely. They make good doming pins and so forth.
Only from a tiny railroad--the hole is only 3/8" square.
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Wow, that is a little one. I'm sure you'll find something to fit.
Blackhat