Hegner Polycut 3 refurb
Question 
I won a lot in a recent GSA auction that includes a vacuum pump, a stationary disc sander, and a scroll saw.

The scroll saw is a Hegner Polycut 3 made in 1981.

When I first got it, the lower arm was stuck and the oscillating spindle could only turn ~90*. I freed up the arm and now it seems to run okay.

Does anyone here have any experience with this model or with refurbishing one? I could use any advice that you can give me.

It came with no blade holders and the pump bellows pieces falling out as we unloaded it from the pickup.

So, I know that I need to order the blade holders, the bellows, probably a spare drive belt.

Advanced Machinery seems to have a lever-operated upgrade for the tension rod. Do I want that?

It also looks like there is a version of the segmented air blower available for this model. Is that something that I want?

What else should I order while I am getting the parts that I know that I need?

Unfortunately, it looks like they do not sell replacement dust seals the on/off switches. The ones on the saw are showing their age and are a bit gummy. Is there a source for replacements for those rubber/plastic cups?

I have not really used a scroll saw before so please consider me a newb when it comes to them.

Attached Files Image(s)

"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.