Millers Falls 74C Miter Box Parts
Picked up a miter box the other week. Pretty good shape other than the saw stops not set properly allowed the saw to bottom out. A lot. Saw will need some sharpening work.

Any way. Miter box in decent shape. Lots of rust. Not too deep. Got it completely disassembled. Ready for a citric acid bath. Seems complete except for one threaded knob and one elevator stop assembly. Not too concerned with the kurled knob.

Does anyone have a source for, or a spare of, one of the elevator stop assemblies? I understand that they are pretty universal through generations.
I didn't realize M-F miter boxes had elevators; I thought they just offered stairs
Big Grin

More seriously, a picture of the part you're seeking would help.
Are you talking about the stop that holds the saw up prior to cut, or the slotted "L" shaped slide to control depth of cut? I sent you a PM concerning the device to hold the saw up prior to cut, I only have the threaded sleeve, that contains the plunger and spring. The depth of cut slide is "L" shaped and looks like a narrow bevel gauge slide. The short leg of the "L" is only long enough to engage the base of the saw plate guide cap. You can make on of these fairly simply out of aluminum.
That's the part I'm missing. One of the stops to hold the guide up while inserting wood to cut. It engages with the slots at the bottoms of the guides.

I'm missing the whole assembly. I'll try to attach some pics

Im missing the assembly just above the red tag

I don't think I'm doing this properly from my iPhone

Attached Files Image(s)