Lawn People?????
I'm trying Rebel this year.

This weekend I rented a Verticutter with the seed box.  That's the last time for me!  It wasn't self-propelled.  If I do that again, I'm going to rent the one with hydrostatic drive or I'm going to look for a slit seeder.

I wish I had done this 2 weekends ago but we were out of town.  I could have taken advantage of all the free rain we had last week.  Now when I get home it's a mad dash to water the lawn before it's too dark to see.  Hope I get enough on it this time.
That is why I went with the aerator. It drives itself and you control the speed. Works great but need to watch if you have sprinkler system with any of those devices. No rain now for 10 days so it will be a lot of hand watering. Can't stop now though.
Thanks for the reply!
Benny

I spread manure one year.   Never again.  I ended up having to mow twice a week.  

Grass seems to bounce back from drought with no problems.  Just give it water.  

Over-seeding (with good seed) will crowd out weeds to some extent.  

Daily watering will result in a shallow root system.  Once a week deep watering will result in a deep root system.  Deep roots are preferred.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.