Peugot Freres split nut saw
Picked one of these up today for a whoppin' $1.  Took a couple hours to clean up, anyone have any idea how old this little guy is?  Saw is 1' 5" or 43 cm in length.  It is an 8 or 9pt rip.  The handle feels a might small, I wear a size 9 glove.  The saw nuts were munged up before I started.  It is also the shortest saw I've run across with a nib.

[Image: Iuz9SUC.jpg]
[Image: hLA6x3i.jpg]

After previewing the post, I shoulda sucked the ol' one pack in.
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.
BTW--love the belly

If it is 8 or 9 points, it is most likely a crosscut. Perhaps the PO had a file to sharpen but did not have a set. Or maybe there was another reason for lack of set. In any case, it is a pretty little saw and is small enough to fit in a portable kit. I wonder how many houses it help to trim out? Great score for you. Thanks for the pictures.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Jim had me looking for a belly on the saw, then I realized what he referred to! Don't take it as an insult, I have the same issue!

Lovely little saw-everything about it just speaks to me!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com