My Toolseum!
(09-27-2016, 05:51 PM)p_toad Wrote: omg, my wife would kill me a second time if i collected like that.   only thing really nice i've found lately was a beautiful machinists scraper that had been used by someone who used to work for Warner & Swasey (sorry, no way to get a picture of it)...   old steel and spotless with a nice file handle on the one end...

I am jealous.   Keep up the good work!  
Winkgrin

The secret to spousal harmony is to hide the tools in various boxes around the shop. Working tools can be sprinkled with sawdust--also works for new tools.

"Is that a new handplane over there?"

"How could it be new? It is covered in sawdust."

Be prepared if you show up at home during lunch break to move in your new bandsaw. You might find her unloading dresses from her car. It is a surprise for all.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
MY secret to spousal harmony is to get my wife using the tools. Now she and my oldest daughter pick them out at antique malls, and I'm the one that has to say, "no, I don't think that tool is good enough to take home."
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
(09-28-2016, 03:44 AM)mumu Wrote: Great collection! I envy how easiest you can find tools.

Love labels of your saws, in the couple of mine I had sharpened I've put on a piece of tape the values of sharpening angles but aesthetically it's horrible, yours are more vintage!

Also your usable tools are another great collection 
Wink

Thanks. The tools in that picture represent many years of rust hunting at garage and estate sales as well as online auctions. My wife is cool with it all, I try to make tool collecting a neutral financial endeavor, sell off just enough of a new load to keep one or two and break even, doesn't always work 
Laugh.

(09-28-2016, 07:47 AM)AgGEM Wrote: Thank you for both pictures.
I like your term, "toolseum"  
Smile
I also like your edited down users. A few good tools that you know well, and can keep sharp.
Ag

I absolutely agree! I try to always make sure the tools above my bench are sharp and ready to use!

(09-28-2016, 10:56 AM)JimReed@Tallahassee Wrote: The secret to spousal harmony is to hide the tools in various boxes around the shop. Working tools can be sprinkled with sawdust--also works for new tools.

"Is that a new handplane over there?"

"How could it be new? It is covered in sawdust."

Be prepared if you show up at home during lunch break to move in your new bandsaw. You might find her unloading dresses from her car. It is a surprise for all.
New? why that thing is almost 100 years old! 
Smile

(09-28-2016, 12:42 PM)Bibliophile 13 Wrote: MY secret to spousal harmony is to get my wife using the tools.  Now she and my oldest daughter pick them out at antique malls, and I'm the one that has to say, "no, I don't think that tool is good enough to take home."
Now that sounds like a win win!

(09-28-2016, 08:00 AM)Strokes77 Wrote: Sorry, I meant to imply... "The Black Knight Never Surrenders"... as a tounge in cheek way of saying, you don't know when to quit... in the best way possible...

Laugh
Big Grin

No need to say sorry! The reference went right over my head! I'll admit it's addicting!