Deck stain won't dry
Roly, possibly. It seems to have stuck to the wood ok, and feels dry to the touch, but the tackiness won't go away.

Tomsteve, it's a screen room with a ceiling fan that has been turned on since we stained it. The ventilation is good.
If women don't find you handsome, at least let 'em find you handy!
Roly, as it turns out, I think you may be right. The wood we used was a "premium" product that HD sells, and we found out that they use some kind of weather guard treatment on it. I finally gave up and started stripping the old stain off the deck. It came off relatively easily. It apparently had not soaked into the wood, it just sat on the surface. Is there any way you could direct me to the article you were talking about?
I'll see if I can find it. Not sure what site it was on. Roly
Not the same article but try this   LINK 
 Hope the link works if not  try this    www.netreaters.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/tmp-5076-r1.pdf
Very likely the product you used.   Roly
Thanks Roly, and everyone else who responded.
FWIW, we just stained our deck. It was 12 year old PT that had never been stained or sealed before so it was way past due.  We did two light coats of Behr semi-transparent. Letting it dry the two hours between coats as recommended on the can.  Get this; it has not rained around here in 10 days. The temps are in the 70's and the humidity is low so drying should not be a problem. With two very thins coats, it has been over 24 hours and the decking still has a slight tackiness to it. 

What I don't understand it that I'm using Behr solid color stain on the railing. That stuff dries very fast. Easy to recoat in just one hour. The second coat was bone dry in about 90 minutes.

Same company, but the two types of stain were vastly different.
Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.