Removing finger print rust?
Any recommendations of the best way to remove very light rust on Vertias plane bodies?  I try to keep a light layer of paste wax on them but must have not been diligent enough lately.  Some minor rust has developed mainly where I hold the planes.  Likely from sweaty finger and palms.  

Thanks.
"Flitz" metal polish. Use one of those 3M Scotch Brite synthetic fiber scouring pads loaded with Flitz.
Autosol link is to LV.

It has worked well for me on several items that got wet thanks to being left in the rain by the delivery services.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
https://www.amazon.com/Klingspor-Sandfle...B005JSSWDU
Mike

Funny on occasion, embarrassing on average.
600grit wet/dry sandpaper works well also.....But keep in mind that wax is not waterproof...moisture from sweaty hands will penetrate it and cause rust..I use a small cloth charged with light grease such as vaseline, tallow, R.I.G. { rust inhibiting grease for firearms etc..If it's good enough for pistols valued at $3500 or more...it's good enough..
Smile
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset