Evaporust for diamond plates?
I have a few diamond sharpening plates that I unfortunately neglected after use and they are covered with rust, I'm assuming from the swarf left on them.  Can I drop these in evaporust safely or do you guys have another method for cleaning these?

Thanks,
Bob
My atoma diamond plates where never covered in rust, but I use Bar Keepers Friend cleaning powder to take off the gunk on the plate and restore its shine.  Should work well on rust since it contains oxalic acid.  You should use a brush to take off as much rust as you can before applying the powder.  I make a paste on a white or blue scotch pad, and rub the diamond plate.  On the atoma plates, I have never pulled out any loose diamonds.
Just use the plates and don't fret the rust.  The loose stuff will come away with use.

You can also "clean" plates using the white plastic erasers like this : https://www.amazon.com/Staedtler-Latex-F...IK4BG?th=1

When I was using diamond plates more frequently, I had some house-branded OfficeDespot as well as the Staedtler branded types.  Both worked.  Much cheaper than paying somebody like Trend for their extra-special cleaners...

Said eraser may also help remove some of the rust left behind.  But unless the plate is flaking apart, I'd just ignore it and use it as-is.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Thanks for the tip, I have some of those kicking around, I'll give it a try.

Bob