37-315 jonter head indexing tool
Anyone have one of these that either doesn't need it or can provide some measurements, so I can attempt making one.

A picture of it is on page 4 of the Manual

Bob
Consider this a bump. I'm going to have to see if my jointer has the provision for that. I may have to make one myself. It's been a long time since I read the manual.
Here's what I made.

Attached Files Image(s)

here is what I made 

[Image: jointerknifesetting002.jpg]

here is how to use it
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

(10-03-2016, 08:50 PM)JGrout Wrote: here is what I made 

Which is how I do it.
(10-03-2016, 08:55 PM)Axl Wrote: Which is how I do it.

Cool
Cool
Cool
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

When I had knives on my jointer I used the wooden stick method as well...works great.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Thank you, that is perfect. 

I have also used the wooden stick method before and will start with that, it might not be worth making the tool where I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on a byrd head anyways.

Bob
That indexing bracket was made to accommodate the knife grinder accessory.  It works if and only if the holes in the end of the cutterhead are where they should be.  Not all 37-315 cutter heads were drilled as precisely as they should have been so check that.  I've seen a few that were not.