Miter Box Workstation?
I broke down and bought a bench top from Woodcraft and attached it to a wall in my shop.  It quickly became not only my
Miter Box workstation, but as all horizontal surfaces become, a catchall for anything and everyting that needs a temporary home.  

[Image: IMG_0635_zpszwgfhvlv.jpg]
I used mine to trim out 23 new windows and three doors in my house. I used a Vika portable workbench and just a couple woodscrews through the feet into the workbench top.

I second the recommendation to mount a permanent support under it and clamp that to your workspace.
My experience with mounting my mitre box on my Workmate is so so. It's very handy to whip out the Workmate and mount the box but I find it rocks more then i'm happy with. Sometimes I clamp a narrow board across the linkage to stiffen it up. 

Tom.
When I'm on a carpet doing trim in the house, I put my foot on the lower shelf. On concrete I don't have a problem.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Setting the miter box up in a workstation does not negate it's portability, four bolts and it's ready to go....does take up some room but I can use the space for storage and it's handy to keep current project stock behind the saw.

Here's one picture, if it works.

Another photo....

Attached Files Image(s)

Ok got T tracks added and did a combined hold down & cut off stop, for 90 & 45, plus a small fence on each wing....

Wish I had done this before I made my last bench, cut the dog hole slots with just a box sitting on a bench,and it is almost 10' long so it was a lot of cuts......this set up make handling long pieces much easier...

Can't seem to upload photos today.

Mos Maiorum

Attached Files Image(s)

Here's mine.  It was originally made for my power miter saw and mounted on some pieces of scrap square tubing so it would stay flat when I used it on sawhorses. One day I just took off the power miter saw and put my miter box on it.  The idea was that I could put it on my workbench whenever I needed it, but I use it so much that it now sits full time on an old butcher block unless I am using it in the house for trim.
[Image: vLQe24XTHyziwFzM3n4AbeG2xJBbIJNpjDCwLN5h...14-h964-no]
Andy Margeson
My blog
I have three mitre boxes. One is a large MF 74C. This is a carpenters tool box with a 30" saw - much too large for small mouldings, which is feature of building furniture. The one that I use the most is a MF 15 1/2 with a 16" saw. This is set up on a side table along with a shooting board and saw vise.

[Image: shooting-table2_zpse8ghj3q5.jpg]

[Image: shooting-table1_zps6tkqxyjq.jpg]

(In the far top left corner you will see the two other mitre boxes)

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com