Lie Nielsen 5 1/2 for sale- SOLD

Ten years ago I bought a Lie Nielsen 5 1/2 for $375 plus tax. I know that because the price tag is still on the box. I was collecting Lie Nielsen planes at the time and purchased it for my colection. When I received it, I opened the bag, ran the plane over a piece of cherry and then dusted off and waxed the plane and returned it to the box. It is as new.

This fine bench plane has a good weight and handles exceptionally well, a2.3/8" blade width making it perfect for flattening the surfaces of wide boards. Needless to say, all the usual high quality features are present on this Lie-Nielsen classic. Length 14.3/4", Weight 7lbs.

SOLD    SOLD    SOLD
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill
  Re: Lie Nielsen 5 1/2 for sale- SOLD by joemac (Ten years ago I boug...)
How about $300 plus shipping? That is over 20%off!!!
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm"
                                                                                                                        Winston Churchill
Recent offerings for this plan have been in the $275 range.. just sayin'... I'm trying to scare up some pennies..
--
Michael Dow
Seabrook, TX
Well, I'm going to throw a plug at the LN 5 1/2. I have one and probably use it more than any other plane I own. I love the extra blade width and weight it offers over my Stanley version. $300 is a bargain for this plane. It essentially comes with a question free lifetime warranty.

The ones I've seen offered at or around $275 have not been in new or like new condition. New from LN is $375 plus tax so $300 for essentially what you would get from LN is a pretty good deal in my eyes. I have this plane, otherwise I'd be all over it. At any rate, I have no skin in this game, just putting in my .02 where it's probably not wanted.

Butting out now,
John
"When I nod my head, hit it." - M. Howard.

"I think you should learn how to use hand tools before you even touch a power tool." - Sam Maloof