Brass Hinges - source?
Lee Valley's new hardware catalogue can be viewed on line here: 

http://www.leevalley.com/us/newsletters/...letter.htm
Just yesterday, I picked up two sets of pretty decent looking solid brass hinges from my Ace hardware store - 2" hinges, $5.50 each set.  These aren't fancy - fixed pins, no finials - but they're workmanlike.

I then forgot to check if the screws are brass (I find a lot of folks put brass-coated steel screws in the package, probably because so many people don't know how to prepare a hinge mortise for brass screws - but it kind of defeats the purpose of buying brass hinges that will be exposed to weather.  Well, I'll no doubt be at the hardware store before I reach the point of installing these hinges.
(10-12-2016, 09:06 AM)Strokes77 Wrote: So tell me this on sizing.  If my box pieces are 7/8" thick, what size hinges should I buy?  Do I buy hinges sized for 3/4" parts and have an extra 1/8" of material left behind the hinge mortise?

Tradition has all three edges of the hinge leaves covered by wood. An 1/8 inch of wood is pleasing to the eye, and tools. Also, hinges may be tweaked a bit, but turning them into wings extending from the wood line is just dangerous.