Recycling in the workshop
I think a workshop is the ultimate statement on recycling. Wood goes from board to scrap. Wood is repurposed many times. Household trash finds a new life. And that is where our story begins. I like to keep toothbrushes in the shop for cleaning tools. Even when they are worn out from tooth duty, they still have lots of shop life left. My spouse came home this week from her checkup toting the usual bag of goodies. She had floss, toothpaste, and a new brush. I asked her for the old one and tipped back to my bathroom to collect a few strays from the junk drawer. Well, I haven't checked the drawer lately and was rewarded with an excess of riches. Breakfast this morning rewarded me with the perfect container for said brushes. More recycling. The juice blow bottle was light and thin but it had a dynamite top. Here is what I ended up with.

[Image: DSCN0750.jpg]

Just keep on recycling. There are many ways to turn your shop green.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Homestyle/lots of pulp?
Benny

Wink 
(10-12-2016, 02:32 PM)bennybmn Wrote: Homestyle/lots of pulp?

Grovestand, Lots o pulp, Calcium and Vit D
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Not a lot of pulp in the Homestyle.
WalterB
Oh I love a toothbrush in the shop. I mostly use mine for cleaning motorcycle parts with kerosene but they are handy as a shirt pocket.

carl
(10-12-2016, 02:55 PM)JimReed@Tallahassee Wrote: Grovestand, Lots o pulp, Calcium and Vit D

Good man! I just finished a jug today. That lid really is stout, I didn't realize how flat it was until I saw your post. I saved the last one for mixing vinegar/epsom salts for weed killer.  It's a nice thick wall container, and that large, stout lid makes it so you can tighten it up nicely.
Benny

My favorite recycle items are plastic lids. A keep a bunch handy and use them as coasters to keep finish, oil, water, glue and other messy stuff off my bench top.

[Image: IMG_1676_zpse19bnsgt.jpg]
Very fashionable lid caddy !!!

Love this thread and looking forward to seeing more.

One thing I've been wanting to do, is make a sawdust press for making fire briquettes out of all the shavings/dust in the shop.  I saw a group at a Maker fair that was shipping them off to communities (in Africa IIRC) that could use them for daily cooking.  It was a couple of years ago, so the details are foggy...need to look them up again.
I went through a lot of dress shirts back when I worked for the man. Of course they recycle into painting smocks and shoprags. But one of the handiest things is what I call a "shop pocket". Cut out the pocket with sufficient cloth to wrap around a stick. Hit it with a few brads and you have a handy place for shop pencils and scribes.

[Image: DSCN0756.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0757.jpg]
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com