HANDTOOLS: Boring: Set of braces, bits and Eggbeater for Newbies
I thought I'd put together a set of braces, bits and an eggbeater for a newbie to hand tools, for a good price.

OK, package deal here; we have the venerable Stanley 923 10" brace, quality, enclosed ratchet, ball bearing head, a solid brace; this one has some cosmetic nickle loss and some minor pitting but works as it should; chuck clean, its all there; the standard 10" throw brace; then I'm including a 8" throw brace for the times when you want a bit more control and don't need the torque that a 10" gives you; this is a Craftsman model, likely made by either Millers Falls or Dunlop, well made, again with enclosed ratchet and ball bearing head knob; a truly vintage CM tool when Sears gave a darn about their hand tools, works like it should.  Then for the smaller boring tasks, I've included a Mohawk eggbeater, smaller size, single drive gear but the chuck is good and it works smoothly and will do yeomans work in the the shop.  Last but not least is a set of 13 Irwin pattern brace bits, this includes a size 3 (3/16ths) which is incredibly hard to find, so you get #3 through #16 bits (its missing the #11, but really, who uses an 11/16th bit); all have lead screws that are not buggered and all have flute life; various makers, including Irwin, Stanley, CM, Jennings and Bates; I put these together from individual bits I find here and there; the #9 has some minor pitting which will not affect use (see closeup pic); they can use a sharpening touchup, but pricing reflects that.  Pics:

[Image: 30237321901_36e38d0ed2_b.jpg]

[Image: 30237323161_932fd7779e_b.jpg]

[Image: 30237324351_2b0019ae07_b.jpg]

[Image: 30237327001_268efaba56_b.jpg]

[Image: 30237328301_f5628828d8_b.jpg]

So, if you've been thinking about "boring" handtools, and need to get set up as a newbie, this is a package deal that will get you in business.  You get the whole magillah for $108 shipped to the US; a considerable savings over individual purchases.

First PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority.  Payment by USPS money order please, I don't have paypal, but if I know you, checks are ok, but please include your shipping address in the PM so I can print up a mailing label.

Just trying to offer solid user tools that I would own for a reasonable price, and in this instance, encouraging a newbie to get started.  Thanks for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Tools are sold.  thanks to all for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis