Austin, TX Slab suppliers?
I have spoken with the guys at swiftriver and they are good people. Prices are untouchable also if you're looking for species they carry. My wife and I plan to go down together to look for a few slabs that I plan to make some kitchen bits out of (table top, sleigh bench seat + 2 matching arm chairs.)

I really want to make it out to M&G as well given the fantastic reputation they have had for years and years (I've heard about them for a long time, but was never close enough to take advantage.
Smile )

Best,
Michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem
I would call before going to M&G. Things could have changed.

I know a few people that have been disappointed and never went back.

I bought 1000 bd/ft from them 10 years ago and it seem like a side line business for them.
"During times of universal deceit, Telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"

-- George Orwell
Now this is funny, me posting in a SA area Texas lumber thread living in SW Ohio, but several years ago at one of Popular Woodworking magazines "Woodworking in America" deals in N Ky they have a part of it called the "Marketplace" where tool makers, and vendors in anything to do with wood can come and put out the word about their products, and sell too. Anyhow there were some good old boys from Alamo Hardwoods They had a pile of Mesquite they had brought up selling splinters to almost tree like pieces, and some of them were a LOT bigger than I ever imagined Mesquite getting. I just popped open their site and they claim to have 100 species. Under complete list of species they do not show Mesquite as being sold in slabs, but I can attest they had a bunch of them, so it's possible they can get slabs of anything they carry. Just a phone call to find out what, and how much. I have bought a few chunks since that show, even with S&H tacked on I've always been pleased with what I got
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Wow, thanks Steve. In all of my searching in and around Austin (150 mile radius) they never came up. I will give them a call and find out.

Thanks for tip also Dave, I will call before trekking out to the east. anything over 2 hours is always worth a phone call to investigate first
Smile

Best,

Michael
Every day find time to appreciate life. It is far too short and 'things' happen. RIP Willem
Let me know what you think of them. Outside of a few BBQ places I have heard of, they are a reason I may get down there some day. Well and to maybe see a concert or 3
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
i buy all of my wood from Brazos Forest Products or Dakota Hardwoods.

Both of those places have small selections of live edge ready to use- never priced personally.

Woodcraft has a few as well.
Got Wood?