My Generator Won't Start
Have you verified continuity across F1? Not just the fuse, the pins on the back.

Have you verified SW1 and SW2 work with a VOM?

Have you verified 12 volts on line 15 everywhere it runs to?

Have you verified grounds everywhere grounds go?

Have you verified power on 239 / 17 at the control unit as appropriate?

Have you verified power on each end of 56 during start sequence?

Basically, have you checked every important component and/or wire? Wires should be checked at each end.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Agree with Mr Mike  but also follow wire O  which is 12v negative as switch 2 (manual start) is switching the negative.    The original schematic you provided is missing a connection on the O wire by the starting contactor.  Roly
Sw2 is set exercise time and can be safely ignored.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
I have been following this thread since it started. Not to Trash you, but that is why I would have bought new, and have it Professionally installed. It would all be  on them. Something of this magnitude and importance when you need it, if you do get it to run on "test" will you be worrying about it starting up on a power outage?? If bought new and pro installed, if needed on an outage,  if it did not start up, you can get them out there to back up there customer service.
My 3 cents.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

(10-24-2016, 07:40 PM)Mr_Mike Wrote: Sw2 is set exercise time and can be safely ignored.

You are correct.    Roly
(10-24-2016, 08:04 PM)MikeBob Wrote: I have been following this thread since it started. Not to Trash you, but that is why I would have bought new, and have it Professionally installed. It would all be  on them. Something of this magnitude and importance when you need it, if you do get it to run on "test" will you be worrying about it starting up on a power outage?? If bought new and pro installed, if needed on an outage,  if it did not start up, you can get them out there to back up there customer service.
My 3 cents.

1. If I could afford new, I'd still install it myself. Installation isn't the problem. that's already done, and is the easy part.
2. I could always pay somebody to get it running and still come out ahead vs new, but then I wouldn't learn anything
3. If I didn't think I could (eventually) solve any of the problems that might come up I wouldn't have gotten it
4. After I get it running I will start it every month or so. Same thing I did with the 5Kw gasoline generator sitting behind my shed. So no, not really worried that it won't start when I need it, at least not any more worried than I was with the gas generator.

Finally, generally speaking I try to be as independent as I can. If I were dependent on somebody else to install this thing and/or fix it when it broke, then when there's a power outage I'm on their schedule for getting it running and not mine, and more than likely they've got multiple customers in my situation. Now, after I get it running and if it breaks, I know a lot more about fixing it.
(10-24-2016, 10:30 AM)Mr_Mike Wrote: Have you verified continuity across F1?  Not just the fuse, the pins on the back.

Have you verified SW1 and SW2 work with a VOM?  

Have you verified 12 volts on line 15 everywhere it runs to?

Have you verified grounds everywhere grounds go?  

Have you verified power on 239 / 17 at the control unit as appropriate?  

Have you verified power on each end of 56 during start sequence?  

Basically, have you checked every important component and/or wire?  Wires should be checked at each end.

1. yes, well to SW1
2. yes, that was first thing
3. yes, except to battery charge rectifier since a) not part of troubleshooting procedure listed in manual and b) since no transfer switch and no A/C power wouldn't see power anyway
4. no. 17 is for automatic start, not listed in the manual for troubleshooting manual start
5. yes and it's not seeing power. as per troubleshooting manual appears to be bad control board.
(10-25-2016, 09:25 AM)crokett™ Wrote: Finally, generally speaking I try to be as independent as I can.    If I were dependent on somebody else to install this thing and/or fix it when it broke, then when there's a power outage I'm on their schedule for getting it running and not mine, and more than likely they've got multiple customers in my situation.  Now, after I get it running and if it breaks, I know a lot more about fixing it.

+1  Given the choice, my default position is I like to do for myself.  My neighbors think I'm crazy but I do all my own yard work, tree pruning, snow removal, plumbing, electrical and of course, woodworking.  I'm also a half-arsed mason.  But being in NJ and having lost power for 2 weeks with Irene, then another 16 days or so with Sandy, two years in a row, I was going to install my generator but my bride insisted on having it done, however, I took off the two days they did it, watched and kept careful notes.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Yep doing it yourself means that when you need it and it doesn't cooperate you can make it work.  As a landlord I have come to learn that if something is going to back up, fail or just need a nudge to get started it will be on a 3 day weekend or a Sunday night
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I would be real interested in knowing what happens after it sees 240 on the utility sense connections. Could you run a couple jumpers with 10 amp fuses around there and turn the house breaker on. Gen set breaker must remain off. If the control board wakes up after that, you might need to rig a feed to keep it charged and awake. There has to be a battery on that board.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories.