My Generator Won't Start
Good catch blackhat I forgot about that issue.    Using THIS regulator will shut off the LP if engine is not running or cranking.    Without looking at the schematic I think the low oil and over temp operate by grounding the ignition.    A simple momentary switch that opens the circuit when you hold down when manually starting should work.  Roly
But is the gas under the control of the board?

The troubleshooting of the board looks like it has a start/run output.  I figured the gas was under the control of something downstream of the board.
The schematic shows it has a fuel solenoid operated off of 12 v through the control module .   It also looks like shutting off the fuel is how it stops the engine.    I do not see any other controls to the engine from the control module  so you would have to get into the ignition system to stop it with the vacuum operated regulator or get involved with the fuel solenoid and a way for the overtemp and low oil to take it out.   Roly
Got it, thanks for the explanation!

I didn't see an output for a fuel solenoid. I figured pin 1 was both start and run and there was something opening any solenoid a outside of the control of the board.
(11-04-2016, 02:48 PM)blackhat Wrote: You need some way to control fuel flow and shut it off if the engine dies. Remember LP is pressurized.

There are conversion kits for portable generators to run on propane. Some years ago I looked at one. How do they solve this problem?
I'm going to pull the board tomorrow and Monday try to call Briggs and Stratton.

Way off the wall question... would it be possible to make my own control board using something like a Rasberry Pi?
(11-04-2016, 05:57 PM)crokett™ Wrote: There are conversion kits for portable generators to run on propane.  Some years ago I looked at one.   How do they solve this problem?

Look at the link in post 81   The regulator only allows gas if it sees a vacuum from running or cranking.   Roly
Correct the regulator must see a vacuum to open the demand valve. Very similar to a Scuba regulator.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
Has anybody seen what supplies voltage regulation for the alternator yet? I'm betting it's a mechanical governor to control engine Roma but I didn't see any mention of a voltage regulater
(11-04-2016, 07:28 PM)blackhat Wrote: Has anybody seen what supplies voltage regulation for the alternator yet?  I'm betting it's a mechanical governor to control engine Roma but I didn't see any mention of a voltage regulater

There is a mechanical governor that controls rpm  which controls the frequency.  The control module will shut it down if frequency is too high or too low.    I don't see a external voltage regulator either but one picture shows diodes on the rotor which may be part of a internal voltage regulator.    Roly