My Generator Won't Start
Ok, I've been assuming this could be done w/out the transfer switch. I'm wondering why the control panel would need to see voltage to start manually, since supposing I have a transfer switch, and power went out, and it was running, then I needed to stop it for some reason while power was out. Then when I try to do manual start there's no voltage so wouldn't it fail to start?

I'm trying to find a schematic for a transfer switch but haven't found one. I did find this for the control board, not sure it will help.

https://polr.partstree.com/v1/iplimage.p...jEwMDA7fX0
The link I provided a few posts back has the transfer schematic on page 48.   Roly
I think, without the transfer switch, you have a boat anchor.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
(10-16-2016, 02:20 PM)Roly Wrote: The link I provided a few posts back has the transfer schematic on page 48.   Roly

Yeah thanks. I found that and was reading it earlier today but hadn't got that far.
I called B&S today. According to them this thing can be run without a transfer switch. So I'm going to start walking through things this weekend. He gave me a couple places to check and confirmed that the oil pressure and over temp sensors wouldn't prevent a start, they'd just shut it down if there were a problem.
The service manual linked to in post 19 gives step by step trouble shooting for no start.   You will need a VOM or at least a voltmeter for the 12 v. DC.    Roly
I've already got a volt meter and I've read the service manual. I'm going to try to get to it this weekend, but my weekend time is disappearing in a hurry.
I did some work on the generator this morning and the conclusion right now is bad control board, or it thinks there's a fault somewhere. The battery is good and charged. Ground is good. Fuse is good. Jumper cable directly to the starter from the battery, it turned over. strapping across the starter solenoid, starter turned over. checking power at the solenoid when manual start is on, no power. starting at the manual switch, there's 12V when it's turned on, and there's 12V at the lead into the control board. There's no power at the lead from the control board to the starter solenoid. Ground on the control board is good.
look for where the power stops on the board.  It might be something easily replaced if you know how to solder
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I can solder, just not very good at it. I'll see if I can figure it out.