To help your Secret Santa friends
Well, because of my hobby and interest in restoring vintage hand tools, I have just about every vintage Stanley tool imaginable. Because of my "Retirement Dream Job" that I took about a year ago after my early retirement (lucky me!), I also have access to all the hardwood, domestic and exotic, that I can ever imagine wanting.

If I had to give out clues, then I'd say I really enjoy receiving handmade items, whether decorative or tool. I've received handmade items from lots of WN folks and cherish them all. Oddball stuff, even.

I also enjoy making my own tools, so stuff for sawmaking from www.TGIAG.com is welcome. I also like modern tools that are well made. Lee Valley is among my favorites.

More than anything else, I enjoy this tradition because I get to share with other WNers. It doesn't matter what I get because it is also part of this fantastic tradition.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Exclamation 
All,

I've had a couple of requests for more information to be provided by the potential recipients. Please look at your previous posts to see if someone could review them and then make a semi-intelligent selection of a Secret Santa gift.

At this juncture, I've had iclark called out as not having a lot to go by in his posts. So Ivan, get your rear in gear and post something here that can help out your Secret Santa.

If any other Secret Santa's need more info, send me an e-mail and I'll call out the "lucky" recipient to be.

Merry Christmas!
chris
Exclamation 
Okay!

Smoothplane, your next on the call out list!

So get some good info up here Michael, or expect to get a lump of coal in your Secret Santa package!
chris
Exclamation 
Ding, ding, ding......

iclark and smoothplane, get on the stick!
chris
I admit that very few of my posts this year have been about my projects. Also, to a certain extent, I am still very much learning or re-learning woodworking. So, it is hard for me to suggest things that I do not know that I need.

I love old tools and especially appreciate tools made by the gift giver.

I have a large drawer full of socket chisels waiting to be re-habbed. A taper reamer to clean up the sockets would definitely be welcome.

In the long-shot category, I have on my bucket list the making of a couple of schranks (wardrobes) for the next generation to replace my grandmother's schrank that was stolen after I had the keeping of it. Other than the 2 pages of drawings in the Hylton cabinet book, I have not found drawings or plans for the PA_Deutsch style schrank from around 1900. Plans or books on that style of furniture would certainly be welcome.

Also in the long shot category, I am still looking for a Hegner manual for their Polycut 3 (1981 period). It is different from the Polycut now being sold in Europe. I do already have the generic all-models Hegner manual that they have online.

Thanks to a tornado a few years back and to folks here in SnS, I am well stocked on wood.

Sorry if the above is not very helpful. FWIW, I do not do even this well when answering the family about what I want for Christmas.
Sigh

As others have said, I promise to appreciate whatever I receive.  The WN Secret Santa gift is what I save to appreciate Christmas evening.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
(12-02-2016, 02:47 AM)iclark Wrote: I admit that very few of my posts this year have been about my projects. Also, to a certain extent, I am still very much learning or re-learning woodworking. So, it is hard for me to suggest things that I do not know that I need.

I love old tools and especially appreciate tools made by the gift giver.

I have a large drawer full of socket chisels waiting to be re-habbed. A taper reamer to clean up the sockets would definitely be welcome.

In the long-shot category, I have on my bucket list the making of a couple of schranks (wardrobes) for the next generation to replace my grandmother's schrank that was stolen after I had the keeping of it. Other than the 2 pages of drawings in the Hylton cabinet book, I have not found drawings or plans for the PA_Deutsch style schrank from around 1900. Plans or books on that style of furniture would certainly be welcome.

Also in the long shot category, I am still looking for a Hegner manual for their Polycut 3 (1981 period). It is different from the Polycut now being sold in Europe. I do already have the generic all-models Hegner manual that they have online.

Thanks to a tornado a few years back and to folks here in SnS, I am well stocked on wood.

Sorry if the above is not very helpful. FWIW, I do not do even this well when answering the family about what I want for Christmas.
Sigh

As others have said, I promise to appreciate whatever I receive.  The WN Secret Santa gift is what I save to appreciate Christmas evening.

Thanks!

Smoothplane you are up!
chris
Last year's Secret Santa sent me a Lee Valley tool calendar, which I've enjoyed every day this year. I'd really like another one. Beyond that, I pretty much have everything I need.

We're hoping for a blanket of snow before it gets so cold here in the north that the lakes freeze two feet thick....again.

Happy Holidays everyone!
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com
Well I hope the following may help out my Secret Santa with some ideas. My apologies, I have not been a frequent visitor here on WoodNet over the last year and I have not posted anything that would be any help in defining my interests either.

I am a hand tool kind of guy and I enjoy both using and restoring old hand tools. I am currently looking for an older Stanley #5 Bedrock in good/restorable condition. I enjoy reading and Nick Offerman's latest book titled "Good Clean Fun" is on my wish list as well. I am also currently looking for a decent saw vise for sharpening hand saws. Any shop made tool is always appreciated too. I also do a bit of spindle turning, mostly for tool handles, so wood blanks  for spindle turning would be nice as well.

I hope this helps.

Merry Christmas to all WoodNet users out there and special thanks again to "Cloudy" and "Doobes" for organizing the Secret Santa gift exchange.
Smoothplane

" Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand!"
Homer Simpson
Hey!
Some one may have decided to use my identity on their gift to their victim. Thanks for giving me the credit! And it was absolutely brilliant to put the blame on your brother.... reminds me of my youth. However, in the spirit of the season I owned up to being innocent. Just to let whoever know, the ploy worked as planned. If I didn't know better, this smacks of some of our more infamous characters on woodnet. My guess is:

Timberwolf (leave it to a Marine to be sneaky, Go Army!)

Anywone have other guesses?
Train to be miserable...
that way when the real misery starts you won't notice.