how do you get rid of a piano?
I would say this is OT, but it would definitely improve our home.

I guess I could pay someone to take it to the dump for me. Upright.  I used to think about harvesting the wood from them, but it seems like a chore.  And this was always a cheap piano, so I suspect the wood isn't that great anyway.  It's a horrible piano, my wife got it from a relative.
Post it in the local online classifieds in the "free" section. If was a decent piano, and it sounds like it's not, then I would suggest checking with a piano technician in your area to see if he/she knows anyone looking for a piano. 

--Geoff
I met a guy once that took all the pianos he could get- salvaged the wood and recycled the metal. Craig's list free.

If it's really old, it might have ivory keys. They are worth a small fortune as they are.
Sit out by the curb with a sign that says $150. Someone will steal it.
Laugh
Laugh

Seriously, give it to the Restore. They may even pick it up.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
CL free section or harvest materials recycle rest.  I had one once it went down the stairs with a good shove and then I pulled the panels I wanted and dumped the rest.  There isn't a day here on CL you can't find 5 being offered up on CL.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I have an old upright I really enjoy and I could use another one for the office. Pay the shipping and you got a deal.
Laugh
this thing sounds tinny and can't be tuned.  It might be fun.  I think it was kept at the relative's cabin, but we were never invited to the cabin so I don't know for sure

I'm pretty sure it has ivory keys, didn't every piano have ivory/ebony at one point? Until the '60's maybe?
Large sledge hammer,easier to move in small pieces.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Trebuchet.