110 circuit keeps tripping breaker
If everything was previously working fine, the problem is a bad ballast.
Plain & simple.
(10-19-2016, 01:43 PM)bsheffer Wrote: guys, thanks for all the questions and from the number of good questions that are coming up, it could be several issues.  It is obvious I need someone who has more time and experience. I hope to have my guy coming over tomorrow to take a look at this. thanks for all the help

Please report back with the findings. It is always good to hear results after taking the time to respond. Good luck.
John T.
any chance this is one in a 3 or 4 way switch circuit?
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Breaker immediately tripping indicates a dead short. 

You have to trace the circuit to determine where. First place to look is any junction boxes in that circuit.
If you have metal box or conduit I've seen wire nuts come of and I've seen insulation worn off against side of a metal box.

I've seen romex staples and errant nails in the wall also wear through the insulation.

Clockman etal, Switching the neutral was a commonly practice in years past.  Came across several lights in my house wired like this they just put the light fixture in the circuit and ran the hot on through.

Or just call an electrician all you have to do is write the check!
Is this a regular breaker or gfci or arc fault ? Roly
just a regular breaker
(10-20-2016, 09:56 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: Breaker immediately tripping indicates a dead short. 

You have to trace the circuit to determine where. First place to look is any junction boxes in that circuit.
If you have metal box or conduit I've seen wire nuts come of and I've seen insulation worn off against side of a metal box.

I've seen romex staples and errant nails in the wall also wear through the insulation.

Clockman etal, Switching the neutral was a commonly practice in years past.  Came across several lights in my house wired like this they just put the light fixture in the circuit and ran the hot on through.

Or just call an electrician all you have to do is write the check!

(10-24-2016, 09:47 AM)bsheffer Wrote: just a regular breaker

Well did you get it fixed??  You said you were having an electrician look at it. What did he find???
John T.
Guys, I the end, the circuit also included an exterior run and that run had a wire failure under the ground. So, it sounds like what someone said about the short/ground on the circuit.mall good.
(10-26-2016, 07:56 PM)bsheffer Wrote: Guys, I the end, the circuit also included an exterior run and that run had a wire failure under the ground. So, it sounds like what someone said about the short/ground on the circuit.mall good.

Thanks for the final answer!! I just hate when someone on a Forum has a problem, gets all kind of advice/opinions and never reports back when the problem is solved and what was the cause. We all can learn from that if we no what the cause was.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

(10-26-2016, 08:14 PM)MikeBob Wrote: Thanks for the final answer!! I just hate when someone on a Forum has a problem, gets all kind of advice/opinions and never reports back when the problem is solved and what was the cause. We all can learn from that if we no what the cause was.

I also agree with that statement. Also when someone asks a question and many people respond and you get no feedback from the OP.
John T.