Where
did 12-20 go?  Anyone ever priced custom taps and dies?
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Victor Machinery (Link) lists both 12-20 taps and dies for reasonable prices.
Also, a Little Giant type adjustable die can be adjusted down to cut a 12-20 thread.
No need for having them custom made.
Rick W
Thanks for the link. They also have Acme taps and dies. I think I'll check pricing on their custom taps and dies for some of the obsolete Stanley plane threads and perhaps set up a buy of a half dozen and offer up the extras. I can see them getting a chunk of my wallet.
Blackhat

I bought some NPS and other non-standard stuff from Victor and had great service...  no problems with anything...

no association - don't work there or own interest in them..blah blah blah
I absolutely hate threads titled like this one! Next time try "Help wanted with custom taps and dies". Rant over.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Thank you for your unsolicited and irrelevant opinion.  Be assured it was given the consideration it deserved.
Blackhat

I will put up with it, but like Derek I consider titles like this to be inconsiderate.  Thought you might like to know.
Agree with Alan.
Thank you Alan and wrb. It would indeed be considerate for members to post titles that attract those with interests in the topic. Mostly I do not even look when the title fails to be clear. I am sure that there are others who react similarly.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Ah, I say live and let live.  With apologies to Mrs. Gump, sometimes thread titles are like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get...... and that's what makes it interesting.....
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis