Leaf Blower
My leaf blower's gas tank has a hairline crack and the one I have is no longer available.  The replacement tank is much smaller and the screw holes do not line up.  I can make the new one do, but would rather have the larger tank.  Is there a compound that I can seal the crack with that the gas will not affect.

Thank you for your assistance,
Herb
I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder for me to find one now.
Have you checked Bailey's and Jack's Small Engine for the tank? (or even ebay???)

I would be surprised if there is a glue that will work...but will go buy some just to keep on hand if there is.

ultimately, perhaps, the fix all will be your best bet:  duct tape?  clean it really well, sand it a little, wipe with alcohol let it dry and tape it in 2 directions.  Won't be a permanent fix, but I bet it will hold for a long while.
Drain the tank, lightly sand/scuff the outside crack area, clean with Alcohol, get some Epoxy  for plastic, and Aluminum Duct tape, not cloth Duct Tape. Cut the tape to cover the crack and a bit wider,  put a thin layer of Epoxy on the crack area, less then the tape width, lay on the tape, then lay a layer of Epoxy on the tape and over its edges.  Let dry for a couple days.
You should be good to go.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

Stopped my leak around the gas lines with Gorilla epoxy, been holding now for about 6 months.
Clean the area well, sand and apply the Gorilla epoxy
JB weld is good for fixing fuel tanks.
Joe
I believe the product is call Seal-all. I found a tube in my late grandpa's barn in the late 60s and used it on a leaky gas tank. It was still holding 10 years later. You don't even have to drain the tank. My local Ace stocks it and I just bought a tube a few years ago.
(10-21-2016, 05:26 AM)Joe_m Wrote: JB weld is good for fixing fuel tanks.

It has worked for me.  Make sure you scuff the surface good and remove any residue with acetone or denatured alcohol.

There are also patch kits specifically designed for fuel tanks.
We had a fuel tank on out car rupture when we unavoidably hit some debris on the highway. A repair kit was used by the service station, after it was determined there were no new tanks available locally. Repair lasted about 6 months. We ended up installing a "new" tank sourced at a local junkyard...