Main Panel question
I have a GE TM2010CCU  load panel with a 100 amp breaker.

It has 20 full spaces.

I don't have the manual but from what I reading online I cannot put 1/2 breakers in this to expand my number of circuits.

Is anyone familiar with this panel or GE panels, it was in the shop when I bought it.
if you would have the "Q' line  it would accept the 1/2  breakers below is the link to ge reference
https://www.geindustrial.com/catalog/buy...cBreak.pdf
south vietnam war collage
It should list the number of spaces and the number of circuits. If the two numbers are the same then no doubles. If circuits > spaces you can figure out how many doubles.
(10-23-2016, 01:53 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: It should list the number of spaces and the number of circuits. If the two numbers are the same then no doubles. If circuits > spaces you can figure out how many doubles.

It is listed as 20 spaces/ 20 circuits.    As Phil said no doubles.   Roly
Thanks for the confirmation, that is what I was thinking. Oh well, the Electrical company says that the feeder to the panel is already rated for 200 amps so it is just switching out the panel which will require a licensed pro, I'm not touching that job.
What is your particular need?

I can't see the average guy needing more than 100 amps in a shop.

If you just need more breaker space, just add a sub next to the existing. Way cheaper. You can put a 100 amp sub next to it just for the breaker space and feed it with a 60 amp breaker.

Way, way cheaper and you may find you are willing to do it yourself.

Added: Many main breaker panels can be used as subs by removing the bonding strap. You can get a 12 slot/22 breaker GE panel for about $60 from the big box stores.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
(10-23-2016, 05:40 PM)Mr_Mike Wrote: If you just need more breaker space, just add a sub next to the existing.  Way cheaper.  You can put a 100 amp sub next to it just for the breaker space and feed it with a 60 amp breaker.  

Way, way cheaper and you may find you are willing to do it yourself.

Added:  Many main breaker panels can be used as subs by removing the bonding strap.  You can get a 12 slot/22 breaker GE panel for about $60 from the big box stores.

This is a reasonable solution.
Economics is much harder when you use real money.
I would add the sub.  It's going to be a whole lot less work (and much cheaper) than replacing the existing panel.

Edited to add, even if an electrician does it. It's something you can do yourself for 125 bucks or so in parts. We can talk you through it.
Another yes to adding a sub...not that hard, especially if you put it right next to the existing panel.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I only want and need a few extra breaker slots and the 100 amps should be fine. 

So If I drop a 60 Sub Panel about 10 feet away from the main panel running the wire in EMT what wire size and EMT size should I use?