I Need A Heater
for my garage. My wife closed her studio last month. She does her workouts week days in the garage. The garage isn't insulated. I'm not trying to heat the whole thing all the time, I just need a directional heater that will warm up relatively quickly and heat what's around her. I've got 2 oil-filled space heaters but my experience with them is they aren't directional and are much better at maintaining temp than working ad-hoc like I need. I can pull a circuit for whatever power I need and at least if it's electric could wire in a timer if the heater didn't have one. I'm a bit concerned with a combustion solution because of the air quality issues, although the heater would only be running for about an hour 3-4 days a week.

Would something like this work?
https://www.amazon.com/Mr-Heater-F232000...GVXCQ1K7CA
I have the Big Buddy version in my insulated 24x26ft garage. I bought it about a month ago. So far I am happy with it.
I have been running it on 20lb bottles and have gotten 115 hours on them on low. These are full filled bottles, not the partially filled "Exchange "ones.
The Big Buddy has 3 heat settings 4, 9 and 18000 BTUs and a fan that you can run on batteries or on AC. Not include, that was abut $14.00 for the AC adapter.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

If you want to heat up the garage fast you need a lot of BTU's. 50k for a 2 car garage is probably not too large. Modine makes some very nice ceiling hung units. Not so cheap, but they work great and last forever.

John
I don't need to heat up the entire garage. I need the equivalent of a heater + fan blowing warm air around one spot. That may not be possible.

(10-24-2016, 03:32 PM)MikeBob Wrote: I have the Big Buddy version in my insulated 24x26ft garage. I bought it about a month ago. So far I am happy with it.
I have been running it on 20lb bottles and have gotten 115 hours on them on low. These are full filled bottles, not the partially filled "Exchange "ones.
The Big Buddy has 3 heat settings 4, 9 and 18000 BTUs and a fan that you can run on batteries or on AC. Not include, that was abut $14.00 for the AC adapter.

Sounds interesting and it might be what I need. I'll look at them. Thanks!
would a timer and a box fan get the heat from the units you have to where you need it when you need it?
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(10-24-2016, 03:57 PM)crokett™ Wrote: I don't need to heat up the entire garage.  I need the equivalent of a heater + fan blowing warm air around one spot.  That may not be possible.

Sounds interesting and it might be what I need.  I'll look at them.  Thanks!

The fan does not move a lot of air. It is not a blower.
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

Quartz infrared electric. It will warm what it sees.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

(10-24-2016, 06:38 PM)blackhat Wrote: Quartz infrared electric. It will warm what it sees.

This.  For essentially instant heat, on whatever it's aimed at, without having to heat the air or the other contents of a cold space.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
thanks Ian. those look perfect.
The Mr Heater Buddy series are infrared, unless the one with the fan, it is infrared and convection.
Smirk