Bench Dog hand planes?
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey."

Can't help but think of this quote when I see discussions like this. My money goes to LN: I choose to support a concern that has continually expanded its
offerings over a 35 year period and in doing so has arguably created the hand tool renaissance that we now enjoy. Quality, customer service, and what I consider to be fair prices, keep me going back to LN again and again. It would be a sad day for woodworkers if LN ever had to close its doors.
A few years ago I bought the Wood River 4 1/2 when it came out. I do not remember the price but there was a sale and I got a good price. Rob Cosman was there that day, saw me with it and volunteered to sharpen and tune it for me. He impressed me as a nice man. He was also teaching classes that weekend. The store manager told me that he had to pay $1000/day to have him there.

I have Bedrocks with Hock irons, Veritas, WoodRiver, and LN. I love the Veritas bevel up planes but I must say the WoodRiver smoother works as well as any. Recently I purchased a WpoodRiver 5 1/2 and the Iron was perfectly flat out of the box.

We make much ado about of our tools, they are a pleasure to have. We have an old rope bed (circa 1860) that is as nicely done as anything we own; what kind of tools do you suppose were used to make it?