Chinese pipe at Home Depot.
(11-03-2016, 12:14 PM)meackerman Wrote: I couldn't get them any tighter.  I had the biggest wrench I own on it (long handled HF combination wrench) and I couldn't turn the compression nut any tighter.  I thought I was going to strip the threads off I had it tightened so tight.

<shrug>  beats me.  the connection is water tight now.

There are limits to how tight I will go for fear of rupturing the pipe (chrome over brass or copper).
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
I wasn't even worried about that.  I tightened the living daylights out of it.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

(11-03-2016, 03:52 PM)meackerman Wrote: I wasn't even worried about that.  I tightened the living daylights out of it.

Did you paint behind the terloit while you were at it?
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Over the years I have had copper pipe from Mexico develop pin hole leaks. and Chinese gas pipe that the seams were not properly welded. For the last 20 plus years I go to a pluming supply house and request American made. Last year I put in a gas stove, at the suppy house a 21' joint of 1/2 " black pipe made in the USA was $2.00 more than the Chinese crap (BTW if you ever cut threads on the Chinese pipe it's a nightmare). The price I paid was less than at the box stores.
I had to re-thread so many of the box stores fittings to the point I just go to the plumbing supply house 5 more miles away instead. I took a bag of fittings back to home de-pot.
It was the sink not the terloit.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark