Which Veritas plane blade and why
(10-31-2016, 05:00 PM)AHill Wrote: I use Sigma Power II waterstones to sharpen, and I hone on a strop to keep it sharp.

Are those the Sigmas Lee Valley sells? OF did you get those from Tools From Japan?
Jason

(10-31-2016, 06:55 PM)EricU Wrote: I was looking for a toothed Stanley blade, preferably in 2 3/8" Hock doesn't have any either, I guess I'll just do it the old fashioned way, with a dremel.

I could be wrong on this, but I've only seen toothed blades offered for bevel up planes or scraper planes.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Luthiers use toothed blades on Stanley bench planes, but apparently they are all home made
(10-31-2016, 11:08 PM)EricU Wrote: Luthiers use toothed blades on Stanley bench planes, but apparently they are all home made

Some luthiers avoid bench planes, because they are heavy.  There's a chance of dropping the plane and damaging the wood.  That's probably why you see luthier planes as very small block planes.  If I had a large figured soundboard or guitar back, I'd probably use a drum sander to thickness the board before I'd use a bench plane.  Totally different animal for violins and classical stringed instruments, where the sides and backs vary in thickness.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I really like my PM-V11 blades. My favorite blades for my regular bench planes are still the old carbon steel stock blades, but since that's not an option with new planes, go ahead and spend the extra money on the PM-V11. I don't think you'll regret it.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop