Rusty water
(11-06-2016, 05:58 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Thanks for your comeback. I thought maybe MikeBob was going to stroke out there.
Raised 
He must not have anything else to do.
Laugh

Ya, off from being my moms of 96 years old care giver for 4 days. Still check in here.
Ya stroking out.
Like I said, "just hate it on any Forum, when someone post a problem, and gets advice, and never reports back."
I bet with the black water/sediment  also, it is an Electric water heater. The black is coming off of deteriorating heating coils.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

actually its Gas, and to me it looked like iron particles but I'm obviously no expert. Thanks!
Did you drain it off the bottom of the tank?  Do it again in a couple days, if its something waterborne you'll see a lot again shortly, if its a tank lining failure you'll get very little in a couple or three days.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

what is the next step other than replacing what's there?  I would bet youtube can walk you through it
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

16 years, replace it b4 it goes and not at your convenience. Goes while no one is at home, water just keeps on a running and flooding.
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

From an other Thread here about water heaters.
Well, I dodged a huge bullet. I am doing renovations on the first floor and am retiling my laundry room where my hot water heater was. I plan on moving it to the garage and eventually putting in a cabinet in its place so I removed it temporarily to tile the floor and was going to reinstall it till I did all the plumbing to move it. After pulling it out I see that the whole bottom and back is rusted out and was slowly leaking and looks like I caught it just in time before a major flood.
Smirk

I meant replacing it.
Really makes you wonder who thought of installing 40 and 50 gallons of hot water in an attic. And with a little pan underneath it with a little 3/4" pipe to drain it should it leak- guess they never figure you'd ever get a 5 gallons per minute leak, or a leak shooting streams out the sides.
Always makes me laugh when I ask if they think that is safe and the response is it has a pan and drain.  Seems they forgot 3/4" pressured line beats the hell out of a 3/4" gravity fed line any day of the week
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

OK guys, just to add a little more info to what I did this weekend, the tub water in the basement had the same issues, rust during filling not going away. Upstairs 2nd floor tub, no issues (first floor is our master and were I originally found the problem). I guess gravity assists in keeping the upstairs water clean? Now, for the plumbing guys out there, as far as replacements go, have the on demand water heaters come far enough along to  supplant the large, tank style heaters? I can do most things, but don't have any knowledge on the topic. Just curious. Thx guys