Found water on the floor this morning
Sad 
Had a list of things to do today and clean the cat boxes was first.

Went to empty them and saw water on the floor and dripping from the ceiling (they're in a dead-end hallway)

Sorta shot the plans for the rest of the day.

Turns out the fancy faucets LOML bought from Amazon over a year ago for the remodel of the upstairs guest area had a hose that started leaking.

The hose uses a 1/8" pipe thread end that threads into the body of the faucet.  The problem is that area is at the end of a 3" section of 1-1/2" tubing so there's no way to get a wrench, etc into the area to tighten the tube.  The solved the problem by using a special end on the stainless steel braided hose that had o-rings to seal the joint.  No problem with that, but the other end started leaking.  I tried to tighten it and the whole end came off.

The way I'm going to solve the problem is to thread a piece of stainless steel tube to go all the way into the body and stick down below the fixture so I can get rid of the other three hoses before they start leaking.

I'll try to get some pix later.  Right now I've got some mopping, etc to do.  

(just stopped for lunch, gotta get back at the mess.)
Upset
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Don't you hate that!  A little water goes a very long ways and ruins most everything it touches along the way.  Hope your damage is minimal.  Those new hoses are convenient for installation; I installed some Price Pfister ones for my mom that went on by just hand tightening, but I don't trust them near as much as the old metal tube ones you had to solder in.  Good luck with your fix.

John
Someday in the far away future, they will start installing a catch pan under the sink with a battery operated chime that will alert you when the pan begins to fill.  
Raised
I know you are fixing it but if it were me I would replace it with something built better.  I have to say you were lucky to be home when this happened
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(11-04-2016, 10:57 PM)Bob10 Wrote: I know you are fixing it but if it were me I would replace it with something built better. 

I'm replacing the flex hoses (all four) with a piece of 1/8" stainless steel pipe threaded to fit the faucet.

Yep, don't want to have to fix it again!
Upset

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)
(11-04-2016, 06:14 PM)daddo Wrote: Someday in the far away future, they will start installing a catch pan under the sink with a battery operated chime that will alert you when the pan begins to fill.  
Raised

No chime, but I have a plastic plan under the kitchen sink for that very purpose.
there is a valve available that will shut off supply if leak is detected.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

I also bought a fancy (read "expensive") Moen faucet set for my  master bath.  It uses dedicated hoses that attach without the need of tools.  One sprung a leak and trashed the bottom drawer of the vanity I built.  

I've since replaced the bottom drawer which was built from melamine covered particle board.  This time I used dovetailed poplar and poplar ply for that drawer.  
But the only replacement hoses are the exact duplicate of the original.  They took a week to arrive by special order.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  But your experience  bodes poorly for future durability.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
(11-07-2016, 09:21 AM)Cooler Wrote:  But your experience  bodes poorly for future durability.

That's why I'm replacing all four hoses with solid stainless steel threaded into the body and sticking down below the vanity top.

Nope, not gonna trust the others!
Upset

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)
Similarly, I got a call from the wife while driving 9 hours home from a business trip.

Water leaking out from under the kitchen sink. She correctly diagnoses leaking disposer and correctly knew not to use that basin or to run the dishwasher.

I got home about 3:30 pm, double checked and had a new disposer installed within the hour. Good thing insinkerator doesn't change designs much. Sink flange and waste elbow were left in place, swap over electrical cord, R&R in about 20 minutes. Wish they would change their design to be less corrosion prone though.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry