SawStop Jobsite saw & Bosch Reaxx head-to-head - real human-finger-test comparison!
https://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/pow...mca/14982/

Interesting read, though it's hard to condone their testing methods of the brake function. There's little doubt in my mind that some dipwad is going to try this to confirm the result.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
looks like some dipwad did.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Dipwads abound, just look around next time you are driving
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
You certainly are correct there, and you don't have to look very far,seems they are always going past you.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Dipwads are everywhere, but what is worse is that they not only vote, they reproduce!
If you watch the videos, the testor took precautions to ensure no serious injury could occur even of the brakes didn't activate. It was not reckless but was a very well written review imho
(11-07-2016, 02:49 PM)TucsonLawrence Wrote: If you watch the videos, the testor took precautions to ensure no serious injury could occur even of the brakes didn't activate.  It was not reckless but was a very well written review imho

You will have to post the review you saw, because in the review already posted it has several pictures, said dipwads took of the small cuts they sustained putting their hands into a running TS. Either that or your definition of STUPID is way different than mine
Crazy
Crazy
Raised
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Given the way it was tested it proves almost nothing except the systems indeed reacted to human flesh.   The tiny amount of blade exposed is not much of a useful test, though I don't suggest anyone do what I would consider a valid test.  Honestly, the damage would likely not be significantly worse from ANY table saw given the specific methodology.  

Has anyone done a test using a human hand analog at a controlled speed that is determined to be near the fastest a human can slap down on a surface?  

In the end, I think we are now past the point of needing to test these saws with humans just for the click bait.  If someone wants to do some serious testing I would be interested.
Given the way it was tested it proves almost nothing except the systems indeed reacted to human flesh. The tiny amount of blade exposed is not much of a useful test, though I don't suggest anyone do what I would consider a valid test. Honestly, the damage would likely not be significantly worse from ANY table saw given the specific methodology.

Has anyone done a test using a human hand analog at a controlled speed that is determined to be near the fastest a human can slap down on a surface?

In the end, I think we are now past the point of needing to test these saws with humans just for the click bait. If someone wants to do some serious testing I would be interested.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Even SawStop admits you can injure yourself if you do not follow basic safety protocol. Lawyereze for sure, but it's the same reason seat belts won't save your life if you decide to drive off a cliff. You don't necessarily design for the worst case, because the worst case doesn't happen very often. I'm not convinced that slapping a hand down at high speed onto a moving blade is the most frequent cause of table saw injuries.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill