SawStop Jobsite saw & Bosch Reaxx head-to-head - real human-finger-test comparison!
(11-22-2016, 12:31 PM)EricU Wrote: patents expire in 5 years.  Bosch is in a really good position when that happens.  I find it hard to believe they have valid patents that SS violated, but I'm waiting for that lawsuit to drop.  I reluctantly agree with the ruling on the two SS patents.  Now that we know that you can design a saw that will not cut flesh, they seem obvious.  But the standard is prior to that invention

Not sure where you got your information.  Here's what the Patent Office says:

"A U.S. utility patent, explained above, is generally granted for 20 years from the date the patent application is filed; however, periodic fees are required to maintain the enforceability of the patent. A design patent is generally granted protection for 14 years measured from the date the design patent is granted."
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
sorry I wasn't clear.  My understanding is that the SS patents expire in 5 years.  Even  in my most radical dreams, I don't think 5 years is long enough for a patent to last.  I thought we were going to 10 years last time they revised the law, but no such luck