Want to send a PM...HELP!!!
Okay, I give up!  I am just not smart enough to understand how to do things.  I want to send a PM, however, I am told that I must enable something to send a PM, but I am not told where to go or how to find to get to the place to enable the PM.  Can any one help and please do not tell me to go to my "CP"--example--as I have no idea what a "cp" is.
Confused

Thank you,
Herb
I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder for me to find one now.
CP is your Control Panel.
Go to your upper left corner where it says User CP.
Under Your Profile click on Edit Options.
Under Messaging and Notification check the box at the Receive private messages from other users.

It always works on paper!
So, I login and look at my left hand corner and I see this:
Woodnet. Net Forums
Then under that I see:  Welcome back, Herb. You last visited: Today, 01:11 AM Log Out
No CP.

I then go to my profile and I see in the upper left:
Woodnet Forums 
[img=15x15]file:///C:/Users/LENOVO~1/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.png[/img] Profile of Herb

Herb
(Member)

Registration Date: 2003-07-27
Date of Birth: Hidden 
Local Time: 2016-11-07 at 01:14 AM

Where is my CP?  I have to login, so I assume I am a member, so what am I missing?  Like I said, " I am not always the brightest light bulb when comes to computers."
Herb
I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder for me to find one now.
Well, I have found my problem.  It does appear that one or more of my extensions in Chrome is keeping me from seeing my cp and pm messages.  Once I disable them I can see them.  I found that Explorer does not present this problems.  All thanks to Tony at WoodSmith.  Once I find the extension that is causing the problem I am to let him know which one.
Herb