Wol-Wax. Anyone know where to purchase?
Hello,

Years ago while working in a shop in NC, a company named Star (chemicals/finishing?) made a product called Wol-wax (1 "o") to be used after a pre-cat lacquer cured. Loved it and have not been able to find it since. Very little on the net about it and Star seems to have sold out, changed names or just out of business. I can't find what happen to them or who may be making their old products. If you have any knowledge of this company info or who makes this product, Please share.

Thank you,
Jody
Never mind! looks like it turned into Hood Finishing and is now located here. http://www.hoodfinishing.com/2011-Catalo...-Gloss.pdf  

I swear just last week none of this stuff came up when searching for it. Sorry to waste time.

Cheers,
Jody
Not a waste of time at all.
I love Wol Wax. Years ago they changed the formula. Originally it had been a jelly; later it became a syrup, similar to shampoo. The link you have looks like the jelly formula. I haven't seen that for years.
I'll have to remember this vendor.
Thanks Paul.

I'm really hoping it is the jelly version as it had an incredible shelf life.
Wol Wax, mixed with water, produces a water/wax emulsion.
I never used Wol Wax for any in between coats treatment. Instead, I used it to apply a final "million dollar finish."
With 0000 steel wool, I'd scrape a pad soaked in water through the jelly. Starting with brisk circular strokes, I'd use the wool's abrasion to smooth the lacquer. This is followed by long figure 8's, and finally, long straight strokes. A soft cotton rag would complete the process, and police up any stray water.
When you're performing this task, the mix should look like soapy water. You will see what look like soap suds. It also has a pleasant fragrance. The key to understanding what it is you're doing is twofold. On the one hand, the wax provides lubricity for the abrasive action of the steel wool. Simultaneously, you're applying a very thin residue of wax; the person touching the cabinet will be touching a thin layer of wax. The emulsified wax goes on, and lays down like no other application can. It still remains slightly fragrant, but the tactile qualities are inimitable. Buttery smooth surfaces that beg to be touched.
If you haven't tried Wol Wax, you should check it out. If nothing else, it's terrific customer relations. For your clientele, the experience is like tasting food in a restaurant that's so good, they can't imagine how it was prepared.