it's always something. Door threshold insert failed
the double door into the basement has an aluminum extrusion threshold.  There is a wood insert bolted to the aluminum that interfaces with the bottom of the door.  The wood insert is crumbling.  Is there any hope I can get a replacement?
the insert looks a lot like this one, but the threshold is all aluminum. link
Who made the door? Maybe they sell replacements.

I had a Marvin swingout patio door that did the same thing. Had several screws along the length that would raise/lower the strip. Could not get another from the door manufacturer, so I made one. Wasn't too difficult. It was shaped similar to the one in your link.
I hear a couple of fellows doing woodworking upstairs. Maybe they can give you a few tips on how to make a new one. Be careful though, it might require use of tools.
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
Joe, I didn't think about the door manufacturer.  Probably was a pre-hung door. I'm finally grasping the reason for the bolts.  I'll go check on the door manufacturer

yeah, thought about making one.  I have 3 major projects, and one is seriously constraining my access to my woodworking tools.
Just a suggestion, if you make one, consider making it out of composite decking as it will last a long, long time, they will likely have the color and grain pattern that would work; machines easily.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Thanks Rich, that's a good idea.  I was thinking that wood was not the best material for this location, it gets some spray from the deck above it. I couldn't see any ID on the door at all.  It actually looks almost exactly like the one in my link above, only twice as long
I build new ones on a regular basis in fact I am making one right now. 

I  use wood over composites, clients tend to notice that composite flexes under foot.  white oak is stiff enough and has moisture resistance. 

You need to determine how the adjustable screws mount some you can replace others you have to salvage from the OEM sill. 

joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

the screws have double heads.  Hopefully I can get enough of it to stay together when I remove it that I can copy the profile.  I'm the only client, so I'm not that picky.  Not sure if the leftover composite I have is long enough.  Getting white oak would mean a pretty decent road trip
I'm really confused by the screws.  It looks like it has two heads, but the bottom one appears to be part of the screw.  I wonder if they are compressing the wood and then wetting it after they get the screw through it.

I pulled up what seems to be an intact piece of the threshold. The groove down the middle is very shallow, maybe about 1/16. I'm thinking I'll just get some large head machine screws and adjust the thing by planing. I don't think it was ever adjusted after the first install. I might have some white oak reclaimed from a kitchen counter. Have to look harder at it.