Funny saw
Veneer saws are not generally sharpened with 60 degree gullets.  Someone here please help me with the name for the file used...   The file looks like a needle file but has just two faces that oppose each other at a very shallow angle.  Darryl Weir uses on when he sharpens the Disston no-set saws.
Are you speaking of a feather type file or a 2 sided knife file with a safe edge?
BontzSawWorks.net
Hey guys,

I believe you're thinking of a 6" cant saw file. They were made in a safe back & regular configuration. I know they came in an 8" also.
Take care,
Daryl
SPFurnitureMaker

Welcome to woodnet hand tools and hope to see a lot of you and what you use.

Pedder

They look wonderful like always. I really like the curved one and reminds me of a stair case saw I think that is it anyway and I can see a lot of uses for it
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.