Unknown Brace
Now I wish I knew how to post photos. At the fleamarket I found an unusual looking brace. At $4, it came home.  Instead of the slot for the jaws being inside the chuck at the end, the four slots  were at the outside end. This left the jaws sticking out. The jaws are riveted to the moveable threaded carrier. They rely on a leaf spring action for opening. The chuck end is flat and  wider than the knurled adjustment. The extra width is rounded. With the jaws that stick out and the the round over this brace is distinctive . The ratchet is boxed with a pin cross switch. The only marking is a "Made In Germany" by the butt knob. I've seen images of such a brace, but I couldn't find them now.

Other finds were a Stanley  Sweetheart 77 combination guage, a couple of 1/2" Swedish bench chisels, one tang marked EABERG, the other a socket marked with 1026 only. odd. And a couple of new Hilti bits.
A man of foolish pursuits
Can't help on the brace, but you did well on the other things.
I need more info. Actually, if you want to email pictures to me, I can post them here for you.

email@rusthunter.com
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
With more searching, I found one that looks similar , A Peck, Stow & Wilcox #1(PEXTO) It has what looks like the same chuck.  This " Made in Germany" is likely a clone. Since it's Germany and not West Germany, it could be pre WW2 . That's the joy of rust hunting.
Here is a photo of the chuck, mine is much better shape http://www.georgesbasement.com/braces/My...art184.JPG and George Langford"s discussion of the brace.http://www.georgesbasement.com/braces/MysteryBraces/MysteryBrace185.htm