Way new for me
Bedazzled, embellished, blinged,  I'm not sure what to call it. And to be honest I'm not sure what I think of it.  Here's the newest piece, maple and bloodwood. Please let me know your honest opinions.
[Image: IMG_0301_zpszhjuovlc.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0302_zps0azlmp1f.jpg]
As always, your segmenting is spot on. I like the contrasting woods combination. The sharp detail  between the two different woods show off your craftsmanship.  I'm not a real big fan of medallions and such but I think they work with this piece. Overall, I'd give it a "wish the hell-p I could do that"
Steve K

Very nice I like the pattern and the shape.
Angus

I started putting very nice looking marbles and semi-precious stones in rims of platters and bowls and will be putting them on top of finials.

So I like this as something different like the arrow heads.  Are they real or metal ones?  I am thinking real ones would really put a flair on it.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(11-13-2016, 02:19 PM)Steve K Wrote: As always, your segmenting is spot on. I like the contrasting woods combination. The sharp detail  between the two different woods show off your craftsmanship.  I'm not a real big fan of medallions and such but I think they work with this piece. Overall, I'd give it a "wish the hell-p I could do that"

Gotta agree with Steve on this one, except I do like the medallions and will second the" wish the hell-p I could do that'. Beautiful piece.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
I asked my wife what she thinks. We like the bowl with and without the embellishments. With those you chose it gives the project more of a SW flair; without it speaks more contemporary or perhaps asian flair. So it boils down to who is walking by and what catches their eye. In either case it would catch mine do to the quality of work.
Thanks guys. Arlin the arrowheads are chipped obsidian.
I really enjoy seeing these and I'm in the same boat on the hell-p part.

The top embellishment are distracting from the design and top ring on the bowl. The darker colors stand out to much. Takes your attention away from the side and top designs.
Like others, I wish I could do that.
My only nit would be the mixing of the medallions and arrowheads. 
I think four of one would look better than mixed. I would go with the arrowheads unless the medallions could be recesses.

Good job.
I like it either way. Someone will buy it, but I'm not sure they'd pay anymore than what it would sell for without the medallions and arrowheads.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill