Woodworking Veterans
Arlin:

Understand health issues, I'm considered "Homebound" and rarely leave the house, much less travel, when I do travel my caregiver has to go with me, so it was a giant leap for me to attend a week long class.

This class was in Niagara Falls, Canada, the staff and fellow students went out of their way to help out, and the building was designed specifically for disabled individuals.

However the video classes can be taken wherever one has access and if the individual needs extra help navigating the process and/or tools they should make that known.

My recommendation is to sign up, see where it leads...

Regards,
Andy
Mos Maiorum
(11-15-2016, 03:22 PM)Adnick Wrote: Yes that's my understanding, any disabled veteran can sign up....

Regards,
Andy
Mos Maiorum

After starting the application form, it appears as if it is not for all service connected disabilities suffered in war time. I think that a Veteran must have been wounded, or have other traumatic injuries. PTSD, Etc.
Anyone know?

I am virtually deaf from listening to North Koreans yelling at each other on their covert communications back when they were sending thousands of infiltrators south.
(11-15-2016, 12:42 PM)EricU Wrote: that's really nice.  I'm a veteran, but I give thanks every day that I'm not disabled.
Same here.

Being disabled was my #2 Fear.  Getting captured was #1.

Vic
“Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen,”. Winston Churchill.
RB61:

Could have misunderstood, but if you are a veteran with a disabilities related to your service and want to join, would recommend that you explain that and see what happens,....worse case scenario is a "no" right?

-- mos maiorum