favorite ways to attach 2x4 to concrete basement floors
(11-21-2016, 06:27 AM)Foggy Wrote: The old timers would drill a quarter inch hole and drive two 16 d nails into it. they would wedge together.

Yeah.  Best option for the DIY-er.  They'll never come out.

Lay down some construction adhesive between the PT and the concrete and it'll survive the zombie apocalypse.
There are two kinds of people: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring - Carl Sagan
Fine Homebuilding recommended sill seal foam gasket under the PT, so I'm doing that.  It was a mess inside the walls, don't really want to repeat the errors of my predecessors
Expansion anchors  like these, work better than anything else we used over 30 year of commercial carpentry.  They are far easier to use than tapcons.  They are more reliable than using a powder actuated nail gun.  They are easier to use than two 16d nail in a 1/4" hole.   Just rent a sturdy rotohammer, and go to town.   No adhesive will be necessary.
I use tie wire ,about a 3" piece with a 16d nail instead of weed wacker line. The hole is 3/16" and about 3" deep. No need to remove dust as the hole is deep enough. You will find that in most cases the nail will not pull out even with a 4'-0" stripping bar. Usually the 2 x 4 will pull thru the nail first. Galvanized 16d nails would be ideal for the basement.
Use a small Roto-Hammer with a 3/16' bit. I position the lumber and drill thru the lumber and concrete at the same time. Very economical and quick too.
mike