concealing shelf
Does anyone have plans for making a concealing shelf that flips down. I need to make two of them both for ar 15's with extra room for a pistol. Will making one from walnut the other will be wood of choice.
Kinda looks like a box big enough to store the gnu's, and just have it hinged so the bottom falls out. Given the size of the gnu's for length, and depth, the rest is just doing it......

Based on these pics anyhow

This is my favorite
Big Grin

[Image: gun%20safe_zpsqenymckk.jpg]
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
best I can do for you.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

Wood magazine issue number 223, dec/jan 2013/2014 has a build for a "secret shelf" that I just read this afternoon. It doesn't fold down... you actually lift the "cover" off the shelf like the top of a shoe box. However, when I was reading the article, my first thought was: "With some tweaking, that would be perfect for my M4!"

If you can't locate the information, pm me.
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
[Image: IMG_2384.jpg]
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

^^^^^^ That would be it. 
Smirk
Thank you sir.  After reading the article, I had thought you could also, turn the shelf flat to the wall and vertical, do some intarsia or other inlay so it appears to be the decoration.
Then attach the top portion to the cubby underneath with rare earth magnets and the M4 goes behind the outer cover, held in with either a bar magnet like I have on the kitchen wall holding a dozen knives, a cleaver, and a sharpening steel; or a barrel clamp like we had in the car, or your mom had to keep the mop and broom in the hall closet. LOL.  Emergency arises, you pull the top clear, held in place only by magnets.... and there she is, ready to go.

The "shelf" could be in the hallway, on the wall behind the front door, or beside the door in your bedroom. 
Crazy
Not that I have tennifer or shotguns all around MY place. 
Raised
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
I have often thought it would come in handy to have the trim around the front door conceal what you need where you might need it.  Possibly part of a coat rack or hat rack would get it done too.  Before kids kept one near the door now not so much
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Its not a shelf
[Image: abfdb123909611c31ee7a9dbed6fdfa9.jpg]

I never got around to putting a flag on mine(you can have a decal printed up and customize it for anything you wanted.

[Image: 12552752_1664931590413164_36949076079965...nm317r.jpg]
make a clock out of it no one will think twice about

Phil Thien