Electrical Multimeter Question
Lights???
Big Grin
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

Doh! ? ?
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
What is the scale on the meter that you are trying to read the output with??  Is the meter zeroed in. ???  Are your leads on the meter plugged in the right sockets.??? Is the transformer a multi lead transformer in that you can vary input and or output voltages??? Did you try grounding the shell of the transformer??
John T.
You can read even 3 volts on a digi when you have almost nothing there. It happens, but ghost voltage is usually in tenths.

Test that the leads are working by using the ohm mode first.
Change batteries.
Test on a known voltage source.
Make sure of contact.
Make sure of incoming voltage.
Be sure to make sure.  
Winkgrin
The thing is the bulbs work in a different fixture.       The unit says AC 20KHZ , if yours  says that your meter wont read it.       Not a regular transformer.   It also says 20 watt min.   Do the lamps add up to 20 watts ?  Roly
[Image: 51hGVDPEmtL.jpg]
[font="Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,sans-serif]Save[/font]
I see the issue in  lower right hand corner 
Upset
south vietnam war collage
That ain't just a transformer and I agree, his meter won't give an accurate voltage reading, especially without a load on it.
Blackhat

Anyone care to speculate on why a light needs to run at 20 khz?
Blackhat

(11-22-2016, 01:35 PM)blackhat Wrote: Anyone care to speculate on why a light needs to run at 20 khz?

I'd guess it's the same operating principle as modern dimmers - chop up the mains power into 20,000 slivers per second, and regulate the on/off ratio of each sliver so the power is delivered at what amounts to 12V.  Sorta like a VFD, but without the capacitors.
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
well once i saw the wac trans former so they called it i got this chuckle going back a few  did a wac system
had 2 issues one was a bad dimmer 2 was a ground on one of the wires low voltage 
said about the measure voltage had to bring my good simpson 
but did you know wac has a so called tech support http://www.waclighting.com/ kinda drove the  guy that installed it crazy so the place i worked for sent me a senior tech thought they refered to that because of my age !!!oh the ground was from a metal stud was wondering are they led bulbs or the halagon type the later used to "cook" the sockets
south vietnam war collage