Workbench Deal on eBay
Here.

[url=http://www.ebay.com/itm/Heavy-Duty-Wood-Work-Bench-Woodworking-for-Garage-Home-Shop-Workbench-N002-/182346589918?hash=item2a74b426de:g:FcYAAOSwMVdYIPen][/url]
Hank Gillette
Because it's the deluxe version.  For $50 less you can get one without the corner bracing.

Wonder how much I should ask for mine.

What were you looking for that made you stumble on that?

Steve
I was searching on “commercial workbenches”. 

I got an email a day or two ago for this deal.

It doesn’t look like I am ever going to get a workbench built, and I am not getting any younger. I am getting to the point where I have more money than time left, so I am seriously considering buying the Sjobergs. I was just searching around to see what else was available or reviews and the eBay link came up.
[/url]

[url=http://www.boratool.com/promotional-sjobergs-elite-2000-workbench-combo-sm04-elite-accessory-ki]
Hank Gillette
I haven’t been around much since the new software was installed. What am I doing wrong with the URLs that they are not hidden?
Hank Gillette
(11-22-2016, 09:07 PM)hankgillette Wrote: Here.

[/url]

(11-22-2016, 09:37 PM)hankgillette Wrote: I was searching on “commercial workbenches”. 

I got an email a day or two ago for this deal.

It doesn’t look like I am ever going to get a workbench built, and I am not getting any younger. I am getting to the point where I have more money than time left, so I am seriously considering buying the Sjobergs. I was just searching around to see what else was available or reviews and the eBay link came up.

[url=http://www.boratool.com/promotional-sjobergs-elite-2000-workbench-combo-sm04-elite-accessory-ki]

(11-22-2016, 09:38 PM)hankgillette Wrote: I haven’t been around much since the new software was installed. What am I doing wrong with the URLs that they are not hidden?

I cannot reverse engineer what is going on. When I quote the posts in my reply, the extra stuff goes away in edit mode.

When you are creating a post, the last button on the right above the edit window is the "View Source" button. If you click on that, you can see the nitty gritty of what you have written.

A problem that I keep having is that, after inserting an url, the edit insertion point is left inside the url area. If that is what is happening to you, then briefly using the view source mode will let you move the insertion/typing pointer to beyond the end-of-url bracket.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
http://www.diefenbacher.com/Workbenches.htm

When I got mine, I bought it from here.  Ron is a good guy and it was a good transaction.  The holdfast in the Bora offer is lousy, so figure on getting 1" holdfasts made.  If Bora has a promotion, perhaps Ron would do a bit better.  Without the cabinet that bench is only $1860 at Diefenbacher. I bought the longer one as I had the room and the cost was negligible.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Funny, to my untrained eye, both the standard N001 and deluxe N002 (from the eBay link) appear to have the identical blocking/dunnage supporting the 2100 lb piece of equipment, yet no apparent shadow lines. Also, why would you not put diagonal bracing on both long sides of the "bench"? Believe me, not interested in the bench, but some things just make me want to say "hmmm"...
and of course the model numbers just make me want to say NOOO
Smile
(11-23-2016, 08:12 AM)Admiral Wrote: http://www.diefenbacher.com/Workbenches.htm

When I got mine, I bought it from here.  Ron is a good guy and it was a good transaction.  The holdfast in the Bora offer is lousy, so figure on getting 1" holdfasts made.  If Bora has a promotion, perhaps Ron would do a bit better.  Without the cabinet that bench is only $1860 at Diefenbacher. I bought the longer one as I had the room and the cost was negligible.

Thanks for the tip. Do you like the bench?

I am thinking the  promotion looks might be initiated by Sjöbergs. I've seen the exact same deal  at three different retailers: Bora, Woodpeckers, and Tools Plus (on eBay). All of them are offering free or nominal shipping ($35).

Like many woodworkers, I am not opposed to saving money, but Diefenbacher does not seem to be offering the promotion. I will give them a call to check, though.

Update: I talked to Ron, and he no longer carries the Sjöbergs benches.
Hank Gillette
Bench is very good for me.  I think they are promoting the cabinet underneath, as many don't get it (you can easily make one, I just have some plywood underneath for a shelf).  I had the same issue, build or buy, and when I figured in the material and vice costs, it was almost a push for me (but benches were cheaper 8 years ago.)  Only downside is that dog holes are 1" in diameter, so 3/4 holdfasts don't work.  I got mine custom made by Junior Strassel, a retired smithy, who hung out at Sawmill Creek, but unfortunately he passed last year.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
The OP, ebay garage bench? I see a piece of garbage someone put together one afternoon in their garage. $13oo+ at $250 discount? Maybe, $250, and shipping included. Then put in the backyard for chickens. It's a work table, anyway; no vise.

Check out Lie Nielsen, or Benchcrafted for finished bench. Either will give you good return on your investment when you sell. You can even spec. your table height and critical layouts at LN.