Workbench Deal on eBay
Highland Hardware sells Hoffman and Hammer benches. I don't have one but they look pretty darn good in the store.
-Marc

I have a Sjoberg Elite, their largest version, but I added the optional wagon vise to the right end instead of the standard end vise. It's massive and well built. Personally, I can't imagine that I'll ever need more in a bench. Mine has the cabinet underneath, but with the double drawer rows in the center, and the door cabinets on the outside of the drawers.

Of course, I didn't pay full retail for mine. It is the single greatest gloat in my ww life. It was at an auction for metal working equipment, and I think I was the only ww there.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
*** Are you familiar with Walter Ambrosch? He's taking orders for Sjoberg's right now at a great price. Group buy.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
For that kind of money I would sell mine. It only take 4 men to carry the top.

[Image: DSC02361_zpsujzahoat.jpg]

[Image: DSC02369_zpspnfg7oyw.jpg]

[Image: DSC02366_zpsn3t404ja.jpg]
The web site that Admiral liked to is a place I would like. If I could afford it the Duo 1500 Specifications looks the best to me for a small place and even has the vises to which I still need to get.  At $600 that is pretty good.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Tom

I seen your and even commented on it to you.  That is one solid bench and anything can be built on it.  I really can not imagine a better one that a business could make and sell.

Maybe that is your calling to make and sell.
Yes
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Arlin,

I love building work benches. And I would love to sell it so I would have room to build another one, but my wife would throw a fit. She says that if anything happens to me, she wants to bring it home and use it for a kitchen table. It would fit in the area that our table sets in know but I doubt if she could squeeze by it. And she is not a person that is caring any extra weight.

Tom
Tom:

Outstanding bench!

Obviously your skills are at a much higher level than mine, took me close to a year and still have a few things that aren't finished....

Did you slope the top of your cabinet or anything to aid in cleanup?

Currently have a shelf under mine and of course it gets covered in shaving and such so was thinking about adding some drawers or cabinets. Like you, I will have to set it back to clear the sliding deadman, any other advice on design features? My bench is 10 ft long, but the proposed cabinet area is about 6 ft long by 30 inch deep.

Regards,
Andy
mos maiorum

Attached Files Image(s)

Andy, I think your workbench is stunning! Thanks for posting the pictures!

Tom.
Tom:

Thanks for the compliment....

Andy
-- mos maiorum

-- mos maiorum