Who to call for this job?
(11-26-2016, 11:02 PM)Dennis  Puskar Wrote: If I couldn't install them myself I would look for a handyman service or a general contractor.

Thats what I would advise as well. Too small of a job for a contractor to mess with. 
           Always better when you can do it yourself as you know it was done right.
Some good points here already, but the dryer if electric is ether 240 V or at least if 120 V a 20amp dedicated curciut, a new line has to be run. Where is your curciut box? In the basement? Tapping into a 1/2" bathroom water line will take for ever to fill the washer, it should be 3/4", then you have the exit water drain, I bet by code it should be 2", not 1 1/2". Then there is the floor drain issue if code by you. Then the dryer ducting to the exterior. Cant go to the attic, has to go out the roof, then maybe a roofer involved to cut it in and put a flashing on it. If horizontal, if in an exterior wall corner maybe a straight shot, other wise not advisable.
At my city in Milwaukee WI 20 years ago I see this being a 2-3K$ job all said and done right and to code.
There is more worms in this can that can fit.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. RMB
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

(11-26-2016, 07:30 PM)MikeBob Wrote: This aint no job for a handy man, you need a plumper and an electrician for sure. Permits depending on where you live.

Do you even know what a handyman is........and He probably doesn't want a plumper.
Winkgrin
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(11-27-2016, 10:20 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: Do you even know what a handyman is........and He probably doesn't want a plumper.
Winkgrin

Sure do. That is how I started out and grew a business into a GC. There are some very good ones and then there are the ones that take on things way beyond there expertise and the home owner usually ends up with a mess and an incomplete job. Then has to get the experts in, and then usually have to undo most of what the hack handy man did before they can proceed.
The SO asked me today, "what are you going to do to day"? I said "nothing".  She said, "that's what you did yesterday"! Me, "Yes love, but I was not finished yet"!!!!!!!!
Smirk

So, GC's never booboo and make a mess of things. Gotcha. Ck.

Now, what about this plumper thing.
Raised  
Winkgrin
Steve

Mo.

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(11-27-2016, 10:38 AM)Stwood_ Wrote: So, GC's never booboo and make a mess of things. Gotcha. Ck.

Now, what about this plumper thing.
Raised  
Winkgrin

Ask Carl
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

(11-27-2016, 11:46 AM)JGrout Wrote: Ask Carl

Oh yea. Thanks!!!  
Laugh
Steve

Mo.

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

JSpill,

I just did this very project in my own home. I relocated the laundry room from the basement to the upstairs.

It can be difficult tying into existing plumbing upstairs without cutting through joists or laminated joists to run pipe. Particularly drain pipe. You can't just go poking holes anywhere in joists.This is why you might actually hire a carpenter to head up the job. Often times chases or false walls need to be built to hide pipes. You probably won't want plumbers building walls or hiding pipes in existing work.

I had to build a short wall and a raised pedestal in the new laundry room to hide my pipes and still get a proper drainage slope. I was remolding the adjacent bathroom at the same time so I was able to hide the pipes behind the tub and connect the vent stack between joists in the bathroom floor.

I'm not a carpenter or a plumber but you can see what it took to do it without poking holes in joists. You can see the drain lines in the false walls. Other walls went up to complete the room. You might talk to the plumber first and ask him if he can do it without getting a carpenter involved.... But, i've seen plumbers cut right through support beams to run a duct so hopefully you get a bright plumber. The new bathroom is to the left of the wall on the left.
[Image: 20160228_172403_zpsmjgvv6se.jpg]

[Image: 20160827_195856_zpsa21wkpvu.jpg]
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

StWood,
It looks like a thing any "handy man" can do!!!????
Smirk

as long as you understand the parameters I agree with StWood any handyman can tackle the job. 

Hiring a GC is overkill
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy